Friday, February 23, 2007

"Yeah, That's right! That be my V'-Jay-Jay!"

So I finished with my one surgery of the day today and, having tried to grow my hair out for the past 7 weeks, decided this is nuts, I hate the long hair, and I need to just get it cut back to by usual, short cut. Happily, my barber is only 4 blocks from the surgery center where I operate over in Gramercy Park.

For those of you who don't know, New York City can be a VERY block-by-block kind of place. For example. the surgery center is on 22nd Street and 2nd Avenue. My barber is on 26th Street off of 2nd Avenue. FOUR WHOLE CITY BLOCKS. But they're worlds apart. Not that 26th and 2nd is a bad neighborhood by any stretch of the imagination. But across the street is low-income housing units and that changes the neighborhood feel, north of 23rd Street.

So it was 9:30 in the morning and I was walking in the cold wind. At 25th Street, I'm waiting to cross at the green light, and as I approach I see this Lesbian couple holding hands. They're yelling at this homeless man. Mind you, they look like they might be homeless too. Very sad.

Anyway, I get closer and notice that one of the lesbians was born a woman and the other looks as though she chose to be a woman. She had too much make-up on a face that looked more masculine than that of most men I know. The transexual lesbian is yelling at this homeless man, " I am more of a woman than you'll ever get!"

He was mumbling and yelling back at her, "You're a freak. You're not a woman. You're a man who cut his penis off. What kind of freak man cuts his penis off and dresses up in dress-up like his mommy? You're a freak."

I was getting really, really angry with him and about to step in when the transexual lesbian, taller and bigger than this ignorant homeless man defended herself. "Oh yeah???" she said to him. At that moment, on the corner of 25th and 2nd Avenue, at 9:30 this morning, she pulled up her wait-length down jacket with one hand, and with the other, she grabbed her stretch-pants and undies and pulled them down and there was what plastic surgery shows on The Learning Channel usually fuzz-out: The labia and vagina of a post-operative, transexual female. She screamed while all the people around (myself included) started to walk away) "Yeah, That's right! That be my V'-Jay-Jay!"

I have to say, professionally speaking, she had a great surgeon.

And with that, I went to get my haircut.

No comments: